… am Projekt einer Kabelbahn an der Jerusalemer Altstadt
Emek Shaveh berichtet nur über fünf Fragen, welche die zuständigen Richter an die Verantwortlichen des Projekts gerichtet haben und die im wesentlichen die Einwände der NGO-Koalition gegen das Unterfangen aufgreifen.
The court listed five questions for the State that in effect constitute legal challenges which will be difficult to surmount:
1. Why was the plan processed through the National Infrastructure Committee when it was legally precluded from doing so.
2. Why was it determined that there were no flaws in the approval process when the National Infrastructure Committee did not possess all the necessary data including timely professional opinions which could substantiate the definition of the project as „a transportation infrastructure project that could also serve as a tourist attraction“ in accordance with the planning and building law.
3. Why it shouldn’t be determined that the cable car is predominantly a transportation project rather than a tourism project.
4. In light of the above, why the National Infrastructure Committee decision and subsequent governmental approval for the plan should not be revoked.
5. Why the route of the plan should not be changed so that it will not harm the Karaite cemetery
Hintergrundinformationen bei Emek Shaveh.